Wednesday, December 5

Muse

I've been heading up along hwy 128 the past couple days to visit my muse. I gaze at Long's Peak almost everyday and I've been here for over 8 years now but it's still one of the coolest mountains around. Yesterday was some of the nastiest sustained winds I've ever fought through. It took twice as long as my record time to reach several checkpoints and I got blown over once. Other than that winter training seems to be going well. I'm happy to be back on the SS, alternating between 36x18 and 40x16. Today the wind seems to have died down so I'm going to go play in the dirt. I read this quote the other day and I think I'm quite fond of it. Perhaps I should strive to achieve it's meaning more often.

What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emerson is one of the best, good stuff man.