Sunday, September 24

Still dropping or is it climbing?

I went for a nice ride this afternoon to round out a couple hundred miles for the week. I wanted to ride mountain bikes but no one was around and Marni is sick so I hit the road instead. The weather was fallish and the wind wasn't too terrible. I decided to cruise down to Golden and couldn't resist a flash up Lookout Mountain, what is now one of my favorite climbs in the area. The pace was hard but sustainable and while I had no one else fast to ride with there were almost endless rabbits spread out up the hill to chase down. Only one person grabbed my wheel today going up and that was a decently strong woman who held onto my 15mph pace for a bit until the road kicked up steeper and she fell back. None of the guys even made an attempt. Come on, I'm not that intimidating. The climb seemed over before it started and I set another personal record for the climb at 23:22. I'm sure I've got a much faster time in me than that but nonetheless that's the fastest I've ever had a watch on for so it's good enough. Can't feel too bad about still making progress at this point in the season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me next time you are in Golden. I'll show you how to climb lookout. You are getting dangerously close to my best time...

FixieDave said...

Golly chris!

Damn thats fast.... I am feeling very very slow. I've done 25 min on a fix but thats with qa 30 min recovery at the top and barrfing at the top =)