Monday, November 13

Kick it!

Beastie Boys theme tonight. First things first. The cat's out of the bag so it's time for pictures. I got a Pugs and yes, I'm already plotting a trip with Dave in the snow. He's building up a snow machine out of an On-One. Arrowhead 2008?
Picked it up from Luby at Maverick. Thanks man.

Today marks the first day back to training. It's been a nice month off but I'm itching to ride again. Did a spirited lunch ride today on the new rigid forked Monocog. Thanks to Mr.Nice for pushing the rigid. The Reba's need some TLC anyway. Don't mind the spacers, I'm not set on the axle-to-crown length yet nor the steerer length. Tis the season to experiment.Bikes in the kitchen are the new hotness. Becky's down with the sickness.After work I rode the trainer. Solo tonight because Marni's back was still hurting but the new setup is sweet. Pick your poison, rollers or mag. Acceleration work out on the rollers tonight.Also geeked out the handlebar of Cogsworth with a new gear/speed chart. Who needs a computer when you have a watch and can count? Don't mind the fact that the photo is impossible to read. I swear there is one line that reads cadences and one that reads MPH. Really. It does. I'm just terrible with pictures and Flounder agrees.Your regularly scheduled blog is now interupted by Turbo stalking a stuffed Canadian goose.

Not too much gear geeking going on but a little. GoLite had their semi-annual clearance this past weekend. I picked up some WP/B Reed pants for Marni and me and an XS Virga for her to complete our rain gear. 10.1 ounces for me (Diad/Reed):
10.8 ounces for her (Virga/Reed):
Also picked up a secret present for someone who's name rhymes with Bad, a Dawn pack to play with (big enough for winter no?), a Wisp hoodless windshirt (2.6oz) and another jacket and base layer for Marni. Everything was rediculously cheap but I still resisted the Hex3 shelter...for now. She whose name rhymes with Bomb also got a secret present(s) but Marni picked it/them up from it's/their home.Goodnight from Mr. and Mrs.Pivvay.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goose pic is awsome...

How do you tell what your speed is when coasting? You really need a fixie for your cheat sheets to really work ;)

I'll have a few more parts togather by the weekend....

When in Dec can Marni drop us off in WP? =P

Anonymous said...

Very glad no shower pics this time...

Scott said...

That first pic is sweet, when do you leave for Iraq on the sand bike?

Chris said...

Scott,

The Iraq Adventure race is June 1st. Only it's not in Iraq, nor on the Pugs.
Sweet race, guaranteed sand

Anonymous said...

Nice looking Pugs! Try and make it to the Arrowhead this year if you can. If not see you there next year.

Marni said...

Why do we keep encouraging him? Seriously.

I'm personally a fan of the goose picture. :)

Becky said...

cellarrat, I would have to disagree. Much to my chagrin, there was no pic of marni in her rain gear in the shower. How am I supposed to know if her jacket is as sweat as Chris'? Again, glad to see the new bike, and you know that I'm living vicariously through you, so when's our next ride scheduled so I can be 'training'?

Becky said...

PS Chris...do you need new bike shorts, because EVERY time I see you on a bike you're wearing your CU bike shorts. I mean...if I'm going to live vicariously through your professional bike career, do I need to invest on getting you a cool matching shorts to your rain jacket.

Todd Plesko said...

Marni:

Do you have any influence over you husband?

While I have no influence or veto power over my son at this point, but this Arrowhead 2008 is absolutely a terrible idea and it shouldn't happen.

The risk of losing your ears, fingers, nose or any other appendices in this sort of adventure is just too high. I read some of the stories of other riders...why would that be fun?

Marni isn't going to permit her first born to ride alone for three days, in the dark, at 20 degree below with wind and other horrible things to risk that childs life. I don't want my first born to do that.

What's wrong with a single marathon? What's wrong with a 24 hour race? What's wrong with Leadville? In fact the races you have listed this year are on the fringe of sanity, but the Arrowhead is beyond the fringe. The only thing crazier would be a Scott's ride in the sand across Iraq. Think of the new custom bike with special light weight kevlar and ceramic plates to ward off IUD's and sniper fire.

As my mother and your grandmother would say Chris...NO... I sure your mother would say "NO".

So Marni...we are counting on you Don't encourage him ...in fact veto his plan..the your vote must be "NO! No Arrowhead, No Bike across Alaska in the snow, No bike up and down Everest or anything similar"

Dad

Anonymous said...

See my awesome comment on my blog. Got too long to post as a comment. And I wrote it right as I got home from work...I'm a little hungry, and thus loopy.