Friday, February 2

Foiled again

We're still here in Colorado, not in Utah as desired to ride with DH this weekend. I-70 has been closed today at least twice and conditions range from sketchy to very bad. I very grumpily made the decision not to go after agonizing over it all afternoon. The "ground blizzard" and icy conditions over two major passes put the nail in the coffin so to speak. This weekend will still be some good riding here in Colorado somehow since it's my last big weekend before I start tapering down to Old Pueblo. I've got a couple routes in mind but they're all dependent on what the weather is like in the morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Chris.
Have fun and stay safe.
Love,
MOM

Cellarrat said...

So very sorry....

weather gods have not smiled on us co riders this year

Dave Harris said...

Doh! My phone's been acting up and I just learned this...well that's a bummer. Spring is just around the corner tho, isn't that what the grounhog said?

If it gets better today c'mon out for the WR ride tomorrow, it'll still be worth it. weather.com says 51 for Moab tomorrow, a heatwave of biblical proportions.

Marni said...

Haha, "grumpily" is an understatement :) Good job making the right decision even if wasn't your favorite choice.

Dave said...

Do you Dave's ever sleep?!

Bummer Chris, the grass is always greener........

Dave Byers said...

Sorry you didn't get out of town for the big ride weekend. I hope you are at least able to get outside and avoid the trainer.

LyndaW said...

oooh sooo denied - bummer. It sounds like Dave had a real nice weekend cooked up for you both.