Friday, January 12

All dressed up with nowhere to go

6 am coffee at Starbucks with wifey, still holding onto slim hope of going to White Rim. By midday it was clear to me we weren't going this weekend. My bags were packed but the weather was predicted between bad and terrible and there was just one too many checkmarks in the negatives column. There is epic and there is unsafe with the line dividing them very thin sometimes. Tomorrow on the White Rim may be epic but my gut says stay home and wait for another day. I want to experience winter's beautiful harshness, not just survive it.On the bright side the weather is supposed to improve so we can go next weekend instead. It might be all the way into the 40s! Haha. I rode today outside in preparation bringing my Monday to Friday total to 227 miles. I'll be in full winter regala riding outside here in the Front Range all weekend. Anyone that wants to join can leave a comment or send me an email. Negative temperatures what?

3 comments:

FixieDave said...

I got into a snotty mood this afternoon.... A few movies later and a few beers later feeling a bit better=)

anyhoo I might be ready for something on sunday...

Dave said...

Good job on the weekly ride total! Very impressive. My short ride yesterday exposed how much fitness I have lost over the winter. Doh!

joel.white said...

I was wondering if you were gonna brave it and go, but I think you're probably smart to postpone. Looks like Moab area was going to get snow/ice plus the drive out on I-70 could have been really dicey.

I'm so stir crazy I considered meeting up for some sort of outdoor miles, but I think my wife would kill me considering I'm just barely starting to recover from this head cold.

Stay warm out there.