Tuesday, December 12

Wicked wind of the (north)west?

It was a grey day here but patches of sunshine, temperatures above 50 degrees and 45mph wind gusts did have their benefits; notably good resistance training and a nice drying effect on the trails. Much of the snow is gone and the Front Range is slowly drying out.Who is that guy in Boris's jersey? I was very "matchy matchy" today as sister would say. Too bad her blogs have disappeared.Today I GPS'd all my riding but the two screens pictured are the most important. That 15 miles and 900 feet of elevation gain represent what amounts to pretty much my own personal mountain bike route. I ride it 3-4 times a week on average. It's not super technical, it's not all singletrack but it's less than 2.5 miles from my front door and 3 from my office. It is real offroading, it's perfect for singlespeeding and it's all mine.This arrived in the mail today too. I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I suppose if my legs survive until Moab in October 2007 or Landhal at the end of September I will appreciate the discount on my $337 solo entry fee. On the other hand it doesn't really seem to make up for the fact that solo spots at Old Pueblo are $120 and GG events are $337. Hmmm as Marni would say...
Well my legs are a bit fried with 3+ hours a day in them yesterday and today. I'm going to blow them up once more tomorrow including a night ride with Bill and Erik before giving them a brief respite on Thursday. Then it's time for my last weekend of Colorado riding for the year and I'm out to make it count one way or another.

2 comments:

Marni said...

Too bad you've become such a weight weenie, with a little more oomph to your bike, you might not get blown over by the wicked winds. I guess that's the hidden benefit of pugs.

Becky said...

I like the "matchy matchy"