Friday, August 15


Josh emailed a while back about taking a spin on Capitol Peak after the CTR. Since Marni isn't quite ready for this 14er she gave me the thumbs up to scout it out for our future trip on it when she's ready and maybe a winter attempt by me as well. Assuming we get a reasonable weather forecast, Josh and I are planning it for two weeks from now. We'll do the approach on Thursday night, bivy until first light and then head up for the summit. Looking forward to it!
As an added bonus I get to scout this ridge for a traverse I really want to do someday. I know someone on looking for a partner but I wanted to get a look at it first hand before I commit to an attempt. Looks awesome eh?
Now I just have to hope for good weather on the 28th and 29th!


Cellarrat said...

sounds pretty gnar!

Joshua Darnell said...


If your interested in this traverse, I'd be interested in attempting it. We could go lightweight and leave at midnight on Wed night. If we needed to, I could bring a light rack and one of my lightweight ropes.We should be able to complete it car to car in less than 24 hours. What do you think?


Chris said...


If we go brush up on my skills a bit the next couple weeks and there is a bomber forecast, maybe. I've got shoes and a harness/belay device of my own (no slippers) but I haven't climbed 5th class in a while.

The traverse is badass but it's also a long time exposed so if conditions aren't perfect then I can wait for another day. I don't want to be in a t-storm up there!

Marni said...

I vote no. Worrying about you on the standard route is enough for me to start... :D

Carney said...

That ridge has been floating around in my mind for several years. It's just too nice to pass up...someday.