Thursday, April 20

CCTT #2 Report

Yesterday's race went better than race #1 in all respects but one. Let's get that out of the way now. Somehow I lost 30 seconds to finish in 8th place in the Cat 4's, 25:10 (25.03mph).

Despite the slower time, I am pleased with how everything went. I got there early, warmed up fully, ate and drank on time, and gave the time trial 100% effort compared to what felt like 98% last week. Wanting to puke at the end this week was not a problem. I haven't uploaded the pictures from Marni's camera but I'm sure my face is one of pain. I also was *much* more relaxed in the start house and had a proper clipped in start.

Where did I lose the time? It seemed to be on the backstretch because my watch was showing a similar split to last time at the turnaround. It was much colder this week and I had my arm warmers on and probably could have used the knee warmers. I didn't notice any wind but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. It was also a rest week so even though I feel good perhaps I am slightly slower. All in all I'm still happy with the race and it's another speed session in the books. Man I'm really going to be strong come MTB racing season!

3 comments:

Marni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marni said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say that 8th of 52 is still awesome. I'm proud of you. Maybe it is as your quote says: "too much and you slow down, too little and you aren't fast enough". You are still working to find a good balance, I'm sure you'll do even better next week :)

FixieDave said...

Mabe my pace slowed you down....

Or the aero helmet...

I think it was the whiskey... =)