Tuesday, August 8

Turning Wrenches





Tonight I finished the final wrench turning on the Fuel. All went well during my half hour test spin and it feels so fast. I have to give a big thanks to a wrench at Bicycle Village. I dropped my bike off this afternoon needing some new brake pads and help with getting my disc calipers aligned square and a sticking piston problem and they got me completely fixed up fast! By the time we had run the rest of our errands the bike was ready to be picked up. Finally my disc brakes stop like new again and no more rubbing or noise. Now *that* makes me happy.

As you can see I'm making good use of my new Park stand that Marni got me. I almost don't know how I got along without it. It makes adjusting things so much easier and faster. Also pictured is my sweet Hone cranks that my dad got me earlier this year for a present. The two day packs are REI Flash UL packs that I'll be swapping for fresh ones at each aid station. Tomorrow I'll be packing up last of my stuff and getting ready to leave Thursday night. 3 days and 7 hours to go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, You will do great. I will be thinking of you and Marni this weekend. I wish I could be there to see you cross the finish line. I love you.
tmom

joel.white said...

Good luck out there this weekend. I've got several friends and riding buddies taking a shot at the buckles.

You've done all the hard work preparing, now just go relax and turn the pedals over. and over. and over. Repeat that for 100 or so miles. :)

Chris said...

Thanks guys! I'm getting really excited. Our small little training and riding group are hashing out the fine details of getting up there, food etc and that's getting me so pumped. Can't wait to race!!!

FixieDave said...

Looks good,

Clam down and enjoy the next few days of rest ;)