Thursday, January 3

Breaking radio silence

Yes I'm a baaaaad blogger lately but fear not, I will do better soon. No really I promise. Lots of fun things coming down the pipe! I'm in STL visiting my family for the week. Today we activated my SPOT messenger that I got for Christmas. No it's not for everyone nor will it save your butt in every situation but it seems like a good solution for me and my family so they don't worry as much. Press a button a few times a day and they get an email that says I'm okay and my location popped into a Google map. We already tried it out today and it worked as advertised.

More to come, now lunch!

6 comments:

Marni said...

Yay SPOT! It'll be nice to know you're ok when it works. Glad you like your Christmas presents!

FixieDave said...

neato! I may have too get one for my FAM

Dave said...

That "might" make Michelle feel a little better when I am in AK without her. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

We may need one these too. Thanks for putting it up!

Jeff Kerkove said...

That was one of the hot products at the Outdoor Retailer Show this past August.

Unknown said...

very cool gadget for those long solo rides.