Tuesday, January 9

No chain

Sometimes your legs just feel amazing. After being stuck inside most of yesterday it was great to get outdoors. The sun was shining, the 10 foot high snow piles slightly melting and the wind disapated. My rolling lunch loop disappeared under my wheels and my ride after work made me smile despite the ignorant driver in the beat old Prelude. Perhaps laying on the horn for 10 seconds isn't the brightest idea when you can't outrun your intended victim eh? These are our roads too and we have every right to be on them. I will not cower before your horn, you spare change, your soda bottle or your words. I've known too many people who have been hit and some who are no longer with us because of it. These no chain days are for them too and you will never take that away.

4 comments:

Marni said...

Get 'em Christopher! Maybe he was honking because he had a crush on you and wanted to show you his man boobies...

Dave said...

Marni, your comment almost made coffee come out of my nose! :)

FixieDave said...

Hehehehe!!!

joel.white said...

No chain days are what is all about. Something tells me this is the first of many for you this year.