Monday, April 23

Pre-sparkley

I believe DH calls the tapered and ready to rock feeling "sparkley" among other adjectives. Well I'm not quite there yet but I can feel it coming and boy am I excited. Despite yesterday's migrane and today's standard hangover, my legs are coming around. Good solid workout hours today and great food to back it up. Tonight Marni and I made our French chicken dish accompanied by lots of salad greens and fruit. A glass of sav blanc went with it nicely too. Yum! That's going to be delicious for lunch tomorrow. Don't worry, no wine at work mom.

Paul has got the TransIowa countdown going which I've been checking every day along with the weather. Oh look Chris, there are 24 hours less on the countdown than when you checked yesterday morning. At least the weather is hanging in there so far. Temperatures are in comfortable wool clothing range with enough rain in there to keep me honest in packing. In other TransIowa news, the SS got a dose of brake work done tonight. New pads and a rotor up front coupled with new pads, cable and housing in the rear. Smooooth now. Only a couple more bike details to attend to and I'll drop it off Wednesday night for it to make the journey safely to Iowa by van with Mike and Dave while I fly after work on Thursday night.

Major props to Bill and Erik (who is blogless still) for kicking some ass training lately. Way to step up the hours Erik and start commuting. Way to go Bill with the most excellent linkage of JeffCo trails and remembering to bring me some free velco straps for the secret TI3 helmet project. Scott, now it's your turn!

Also way to go Michelle for joining the gang for the Lair O' the Bear MTB ride. You did great and you're ready to come with us whenever you want. Marni loved having you there too.

Can't forget a couple quick shout outs either. First congrats to Lynda for being back out on the dirt and second to my Dad for joining the SS 29er revolution!

I leave you with the picture dump of the last few days...

















4 comments:

FixieDave said...

I wonder what helmet light Chris well be rocking?

Marni said...

mmmm, french chicken... don't forget the cake :) We sure do mend our sickybones in style!

Dave Harris said...

those first 3 pics - it really is true that dogs take after their keepers...

Chris: keep a cool head next week. Your fitness is ready to take you to a special place, so long as your head doesn't get in the way.

Michelle Arentzen said...

Well Erik is still Blogless, but I finally joined the 21st century... http://michellearentzen.blogspot.com/